photo 01_zpsbfe6d2d2.png photo 02_zps9019631b.png photo 03_zps07480407.png photo 04_zps1511c674.png photo 05_zps196dd7bb.png photo 06_zps0b7e8fe6.png

Tuesday 17 September 2013

New Hair Alert!


I am one of those people who doesn’t make much effort with their hair. I wake up, brush it (sometimes), and either leave it down or tie it up – that’s it. What I do like to do with my hair is experiment. I have quite a round face which means I can’t experiment with the actual cut because it makes me look like a munchkin, but I can dye it and I have done quite a few times. I have been black, brunette, ginger and every shade in between. The newest colour I decided to head towards was – drum roll please……. BLONDE!! Yes you heard me right. Blonde. Considering I have always been a dark haired girl I wasn’t too sure what this was going to look like.

I would like to introduce you all to the new me:


 This was straight after I hade dyed it, it was still very white.

So, what do you think? It's very blonde, right? What I thought I would do is give all you dark haired girls out there a ‘how to’ on becoming blonde. I had lovely help from my very beautiful pink haired friend Aimee. She has her own colourful blog here. Take a look, I am 100% sure she will teach a new baking tip. I definitely learned a thing or two.

So what you will need is:



This is how you become a blonde bombshell:


1.       You first have to bleach the hair or the blonde hair dye will not take. This is a tricky process as you don’t want it touching anything but your hair. Make sure you have an old top on just in case. This took quite a long time, but you don’t want to miss a section otherwise it will really stand out.





It was already turning blonde.

2.       After leaving it in for 20 minutes - once your whole head is covered - wash all the bleach out. Again be careful not to get it everywhere. Once you have washed it out you will be able to see how white it has made your hair. My roots were WHITE - so white that you could see my scalp.
What a strange colour.
Look how white my roots are!

3.       The next step is to put the blonde colour on. I bought L'Oreal hair dye. This is just a preference as I have used them a lot over the years and I feel they give a good overall tonal colour. Follow the instructions that come with the dye as they are all different.


4.       After leaving the dye in for as long as the instructions state, wash all the dye out. At this point we conditioned my hair to make it a little softer after all the bleaching. Once washed, blow dry your hair. Then look in the mirror and see the new you smiling back (hopefully smiling, if you like it).




At the very beginning it was still very white blonde but after a couple of days this calmed down and now I love it!! Here is a before and after photo:




The one downfall of becoming blonde is the roots. Who knew hair grew so fast?! It has only been a couple of weeks and my roots are already showing quite visibly. I think that I will let them grow to about 2cm before bleaching the roots again, so I will let you know how that goes.
Currently I love being blonde and it has taken a while to get used to it. I still look at photos and in the mirror and shock myself, but in time I will start to remember.


I would love to know if any of you dark haired girls have gone blonde recently and how you did it, or how you already blonde girls keep it blonde and stop it from going dark.




No comments:

Post a Comment